We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
I posted this recipe because I was asked, "How do you put beets?" "I present the recipe in the hope that it will be useful to other housewives.
Beets prepared this way are delicious. You get a homemade salad without preservatives.
- 2 kg beetroot [I had from my own garden]
- 700 ml water
- 300 ml of natural wine vinegar of 9 degrees
- 1 tablespoon salt once in a while
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 horseradish roots
Preparation time: less than 30 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Marinated beets - for winter:
- Wash the beets.
- Boil the beets for 20 minutes.
- You can also opt for the beet baking option.
- Drain the water and peel the beets.
- Peel a squash, grate it and slice it.
- Horseradish can also be grated.
- Cut the beets according to your preference. I cut it into cubes.
- Distribute the beets and horseradish in jars.
- I used three 840 gr jars, well washed.
- Heat the water and vinegar mixture until it reaches boiling point.
- You can put salt, sugar, pepper and cumin in the liquid that will boil.
- For efficiency, we distributed salt, sugar, pepper and cumin in the three jars.
- Pour the hot liquid over the beets from the jars.
- The jars are covered. Tighten the lid tightly.
- Keep the jars warm between the patties until the next day.
- If you do not do this operation, you can grind the jars with beets on a bain marie or in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Then keep the beets in a cool place.
I sow beets in the garden every year. When the first raw leaves appear, I use them in green salad mixes. Of course I break a few leaves from each plant. If you break them all, the beets stop developing.
The long and cylindrical beet variety has a thin skin. It is easily boiled and the peel can be cleaned only by gently pulling the beet surface by hand.
Wear gloves if you want your palms not to look red like after a session of painting Easter eggs ": D !!!
Horseradish and beets can also be grated.